Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Mafuta New Preschool

Matthew 25: 34-40 The Message
"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Enter, you who are blessed by my Father!  Take what's coming to you in this kingdom. It's been ready for you since the world's foundation.  And here is why:
I was hungry and you fed me, 
I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,
I was homeless and you gave me a room, 
I was shivering and you gave me clothes, 
I was sick and you stopped to visit, 
I was in Prison and you came to me.'
"Then those seep are going to say, Master, what are you toaking about? When did we ever see you hungry and feed you, thirsty and give you a drink? And when did we ever see you sick or in prison and come to you?  Then the King will say, 'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me - you did it to me.'

As you probably know, Zion provides food for over 100 orphans in the village of Mafuta.  They are served by a total of 10 ladies who volunteer their time 5 days a week to have these children come and partake of a hot and healthy meal.  Maybe the only one of the day.  They do not have a fancy place to cook or fancy plates but they have a fire and big pots and a heart of love!!!  Never selfish but humble as they work hard to provide some nourishment for children so they can think and not be hungry at school.





In January a Mt Zion UMC team from Maryland was able to raise enough money to build a new school.  The preschool, which serves over 50 children, was really run down and full of bats and the remains of bats running down the walls.  No matter what we did, we could not get rid of this little creatures.  



 So, we ask the 2 local churches to be involved to choose people in the community to work.  These would be people that were not employeed so it provided an opportunity to be involved in a money making project for the orphans of their commumity!  It was a HUGE success!!  They did a great job, earned money and the new preschool is BEAUTIFUL!!!  The children can come and learn and eat and sing praises!!!




  


Thank you JESUS and thank you Mt Zion UMC. Joyful children, staff and community!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment